|You Are a Look At Me Blogger!|
Cute pics, blog drama, whatever it takes to get traffic.
You're notorious ... either loved or hated by all!
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
|You Are a Life Blogger!|
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary.
If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.
Supposedly, I'm a Life Blogger but do these surveys really do tell the truth?
Sunday, October 29, 2006
Blogpals in other countries and continents can help organise a No Pants (Trousers or Skirts) Day 2k6 on any form of public transportation in their country also to raise money with the proceeds going to any named charity of their choice. It'll be fun I tell you.
Click on the link below to see the video of the American No Pants (Trousers or Skirts) Day 2k6.
No Pants 2k6
Friday, October 27, 2006
ABOUT CALABAR GAL
I used to love exchanging story books with my mates at primary school. Sometimes though, I conveniently forgot to return them. When my friends ran out of books to exchange, my primary school teacher who was my mum’s friend would borrow me story books he had seized from the pupils in his class. The look on their faces as I walked out of their class with the seized story books – priceless. I loved reading Enid Blyton –still do. My first Novel was a Pacesetter Novel - Evbu My Love by Helen Ovbiagele. Moved from pacesetters to Mills & Boons and I used to fantasize about the men in them. On bad days, would stay in bed all day long reading and dreaming. Barbara Cartland Novels and James Hardley Chase and Pacesetters took a huge chunk of my pocket money. I’m a very fast reader. Once I start a novel, find it dificult to put it down until the very end. Everything else suffers during that time.
I love lipgloss. I make sure I have one stationed permanently in every handbag I own. The same goes for handcream – a vital necessity and one in every handbag. My makeup is minimal – just eyeliner and lipgloss – lipstick sometimes but more often none.
I’m a quiet and reserved person. Trying very hard to shake off that skin. I used to think guys were gods. Couldn’t talk to them when I was a teenager. Had to learn slowly how to make conversation with them when I got to university. My first boyfriend was in university. A Tall dark handsome Tiv boy with cute sideburns. We still keep in touch though. I have done all the breaking up with all the guys I ever dated. Why? Sometimes I ask myself that. Someone new came along I guess. Always break up with the old one before moving on to the new one though. I never knew there was anything like pidgin English until I got university. I still cant speak pidgin properly – tried my very best to learn but when it comes out of my mouth it sounds real funny. I write pidgin though. (smile)
When I was younger, used to cry along with the sad or touching parts of a movie or at the end of it. My sisters would laugh at my tears and I would try frantically to hide them. I still do if the movie gets too emotional. LOL
I used to sing alto in the Sunday School Choir. Was in my college protestant choir & CCIC church choir too. I love good music. More on the gospel side though although I have no reservations about secular music if its being played. Bishop TD Jakes is my main man, deep dreamy soul stirring voice, Mary Mary, Cece Winas, Bebe Winas, I love Beyonce too and Daniel Bedingfield. Oh and I enjoy going to bed listening to some jazz too. Kunle Ajayi or Kenny G.
I have 6 ear piercings. 3 on each ear lobe. Don’t have any nose piercings yet. Wanted to do one in uni but my boyfriend persuaded me not to. May get round to that someday. Havent had a tattoo done yet. Am not a huge fan of Artificial nails. First time I had them done was at my wedding. Just haven’t gotten round to fixing them again. Loved them though.
I couldn’t be bothered about politics. I think I pay way too much tax. What’s the point of working overtime if a huge chunk of it is all going to taken off as tax? I am always succumbing to working overtime though if its offered. Who dosent want the extra cash?
My family is terribly important to me. Both Extended, Nuclear and Conjugal. I love my sisters dearly though I know I don’t tell them often enough so dear sisters if u’re reading this – I LOVE YOU ALL DEARLY!! I love my brother too - TEENAGE HORROR. I was making a call from a phone booth at Heathrow Airport one day when this guy approached me and offered to take me back to town. Looking at him, I thought at least they don’t cut off human heads in London so I'm safe in his car. Besides, I could always scream for help to any passing police car if he drives in the wrong direction. We got talking and been talking since then.Turned out to be my partner for the next 20 months and made an honest woman out of me 3months ago. Love you dearly BABES!! U R D BEST!! Working hard on shoving a bun in the oven ASAP. Would like to have two pregnancies. Both sets of twins – first set male, second set female. Chapter Closed.
I have been asked by not one, not two people if “I chopped dog legs” LOL!!! Well, literally, I’ve had several. Its not that I walk about aimlessly - I just like sight seeing and window shopping especially. Beats staying at home on the sofa scoffing food or making endless trips to the fridge looking for what to snack on. That’s a habit to be curtailed seriously cos like right now – I make about a thousand journey’s a day between the sofa and the fridge. Love shopping online. Gives me a thrill to receive the packages and unwrap them when they arrive. Oh and they keep increasing my credit limit!! Catalogues will not be the death of me.
I love comedy shows. Catherine Tate, Little Britain, could watch the Cosby Show over and over again tirelessly. ‘Hustle’ is so cool. Waiting eagerly for the next series. Sometimes I wonder what its like to ‘binge drink’ should try it one day – drinking loads and loads of Smirnoff Ice in the confines of my own home of course. Love Ginger Beer and Shandy as well as trying out the various drinks in the Supermarket. The last one I tasted was Dandelion drink. Sweet and nice.
When I was a kid about 7 or 8yrs old, I went to the Boys Quarters in our compound where the gardener lived with his kids and they (the kids) were roasting something which they gave me to taste. Twas after I had consumed the whole lot was informed it was a toad or was it a frog? Cant remember which one it was but one is edible and the other is not – just cant decipher which right now. Cant remember what it tasted like so don’t ask!! LOL
Daddy was my favourite man and could never do wrong in my eyes. Still love him dearly. Mum had to come second best but we bonded against dad’s various side kicks in my late teenage years. Aaaah Female bonding against men. We made up though – couldn’t stay angry with him for long. She went first – cancer and I went back to my first love – dad. he went too 3years later – heart attack. Intend to enrol in a French class one stay to fulfil my dream of being bilingual. Havent had vanilla yet guess its too late now.
I’ve got a couple of friends – not too many just a few but when I’m stressed couldn’t be bothered to keep in touch. Then something happens and they’re there for me and I remember why they’re called friends in the first place. I prefer to communicate via email. Couldn’t be bothered to make fone calls anymore. Its cheaper in the long run. (smile) I am addicted to the internet. Can stay online 5 hours at a stretch just surfing. My dedication to blogger and blogspot is amazing. Wish I paid that much attention and dedication to my studies. I love God and I'm working hard on being closer to him.
You’ve been tagged if you are reading this!!!
We're reverting to Winter Time this weekend as British Summer Time ends. So dont forget to set ur clocks back 1 hour on SATURDAY night!!!!! Have a lovely weekend.
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
A - Amy Grant, Andrae Crouch, Alvin Slaughter, ABBA, Anita Baker, Aretha Franklin
B - Bebe Winas, Buchi, Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir, Boys II Men, Beyonce, Bob Marley, Brenda Fassie,
C - Cece Winas, Candi Staton, Celine Dione , Craig David, Christiana Essien-Igbokwe,
D - Donnie Mcclurkin, Don Moen, Daniel Bedingfield, Dione Warwick , Diana Ross, Destiny's Child, Dbanz,
E - Eve and the Garden, Everyday Sunday, Eminen , En Vogue, Evi Edna Ogholi,
F - Fred Hammond, Faith Hill, Fifty Cent, Fela,
G - Gospel Heritage Mass & Praise Choir, Girls Aloud, Gwen Stefani
H - Hezekiah Walker, Helen Baylor
I - Isreal and New Breed, Inyang Nta Henshaw
J - Jim Reeves, Jamelia, J-Lo , Janet Jackson,
K - Kirk Franklin, Kunle Ajayi, Kenny G
L - Lamar Campbell, Lionel Ritchie, Lemar
M - Mary Mary, Marvin Gaye, Mariah Carey, Mandators, Madonna
N - Norman Hutchings, Nu Life
O - Out of Eden, Osmond Collins, Onyeka Onywenu,
P - Praise Band, Pink, Pussycat Dolls
Q - Queen
R - Ron Kenoly, Ricky Martin, Rihanna,
S - Sounds of Blackness, Shirley Ceaser, Sandra Crouch , Stevie Wonder, Shina Peters, Sunny Neji, Sonny Okosun
T - T. D. Jakes, Twila Paris, Trin-i-tee 5:7, Tuface Idibia, Toni Braxton, Tevin Campbell,
U - U2, Ugk, Usher
V - Virtue, Vicki Yohe, Vickie Winas
W - Winas Phase 2, William Sisters (The), Whitney Houston
X - X-zhibit, (Couldnt think of any other group that starts with an X)
Y - Yolanda Adams, Yvonne Chaka Chaka, Yvonne Maha
Z - Zilch, Zoegirl
Friday, October 20, 2006
London Buki, TP & Desola tagged me... Its so much nicer doing amebo and reading other blog pals answers than having to crack up ur brain looking for answers and my brain is one lazy SOB. * sigh* Didn’t have answers for every question but tried my absolute best which I hope is good enough.
FOUR JOBS YOU'VE HAD IN YOUR LIFE
1. Customer Service Assistant M & S
2. Packing Assistant – Lovefilm.com (DVD Rentals)
3. Legal Advisor
4. Company Secretarial Assistant
FOUR FICTIONAL JOBS YOU WISH YOU HAD
1. Movie Star
2. PA to a famous person and the glitz that comes with it
3. Trying out new sex toys for free and getting to keep the toys too.
4. Getting paid to eat food at restaurants – buffets especially.
FOUR MOVIES YOU COULD WATCH OVER AND OVER AGAIN
1. Legally Blonde 1 & 2
2. Pretty Woman
3. How to loose a guy in ten days.
4. Sweet Home Alabama
FOUR CITIES YOU'VE LIVED IN
2. Bwari - Abuja
3. Chelmsford - Essex
FOUR TV SHOWS YOU LOVE TO WATCH
1. Desperate Housewives, Sex and the City
2. Catherine Tate Show, Little Britain
4. Deal or No Deal
(More than 4 but I do love so many TV shows!!)
FOUR PLACES YOU'VE BEEN ON VACATION/TRAVELED TO
4. Milton Keynes
FOUR WEBSITES YOU VISIT DAILY
FOUR OF YOUR FAVORITE FOODS
1. Ekpang Nkwukwo
2. Chinese Buffet
3. 404 & Plantain
4. Isi Ewu & Ice Cream (lol)
FOUR THINGS YOU WON'T EAT
1. Snake meat
2. Rare Steak (I prefer my meat well done – Thank You.)
3. Tomato Soup - Uuurrrrrgggghhhh!!!
4. Any type of Tinned soup – give me correct peppersoup anytime, anyday.
FOUR THINGS YOU WISH YOU COULD EAT OR DRINK RIGHT NOW
1. Snails – real spicy ones
2. Loads of Smirnoff Ice.
3. Ekpang Nkwukwo
4. 404 & Plantain
FOUR THINGS IN YOUR BEDROOM
1. A Bed
2. A Wardrobe
3. Music Box & Book Shelf
4. Reading Table & Laptop
FOUR THINGS YOU WISH YOU HAD IN YOUR BEDROOM
1. Walk – In Wardrobe
2. Designer Shoes and Bags
3. Luxurious Carpet
4. Loads more room and space
FOUR THINGS YOU ARE WEARING RIGHT NOW
1. Tracksuit bottoms
2. Tank Top
3. Cream Lacy Bra
4. Cream Lacy Thongs
FOUR PLACES I'D RATHER BE RIGHT NOW
1. America - sightseeing
2. Trinidad & Tobago when there’s a carnival
3. Calabar Christmas Carnival
4. All over Europe enjoying the sun and sights
FOUR PLACES I'D RATHER BE RIGHT NOW
1. Hogwarths practicing those fabulous spells with Hermoine & Harry.
2. Queen of a castle reigning over rich subjects who allow me free reign over their finances.
3. America – serving as first female president
4. Buckingham Palace – dazzling Prince William
FOUR PEOPLE YOU’D REALLY LOVE TO HAVE DINNER WITH
1. Julia Roberts
2. George Clooney
3. Reese Witherspoon
FOUR THINGS YOU ARE THINKING RIGHT NOW
1. How to get over my literature review & project.
2. Winning the Lottery
3. Shoving a bun in the oven ASAP. (Lol!!!)
4. Wishing I could exercise some more.
FOUR OF YOUR FAVORITE THINGS
1. My Digital Camera
2. My Laptop
3. My Family
4. My Man.
FOUR PEOPLE YOU TAG
1. Everyone who visits my page!!!
2. All my blogpals.
3. My friends
4. My enemies – Good to keep your friends close but your enemies closer.
Pheewwww!!! There – its all done now. Over to you guys and no more tagging please!!!!! I seem to be the only gal in Blogville who ends up with a blank Blog page at least once a fortnight. Had another one of them for about 90minutes last night. My blog page just went all fuschia and blank on me and ate up all my words. LOL. I freaked out!! This time, my sista London Buki came to my rescue. Thanks Gal for watching my back!!
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
I love going to Tesco. You all know the government recommends an intake of at least five portions of fruit or vegetables per person a day to help reduce the risk of some cancers, heart disease and many other chronic conditions. Well, my “5 A DAY” comes from good old Tesco. Each Time I walk into my local Tesco Extra, I always head straight to the end of the fruit aisle to say hello and work my way down. I start from the Red grapes, move down to the Green Grapes, give way to others shopping for fruits, go and get some croissants for my man, get back to the cherries, ooh they are always so yummy, I love them so much - then I head towards the berries. Ohhhh, there’s always the blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries. Mind you I never purposely open any of the fruit boxes or fruit bags myself. I only deal with already opened ones - not my fault that other shoppers decide to leave open the boxes.
By the time I head out of Tesco with whatever I decide to buy that day, I would have had more than the required 5 portions of fruits or vegetables that the doctor prescribes. He he he. I do need my 5 A DAY you know!! I’m still a growing pikin. Naughty I know but I’m not the only culprit. See some other fruit tasting confessions here. (Scroll down toward the end of her post.)
I must admit I am also one of those who go specifically to the fruits section in Tesco to taste the fruits. Well, Sometimes I do actually buy some of the fruits and take them home with me so don’t you go wrinkling your nose at me!! Now they have changed the layout and moved the grapes next to the check-out counter to deter us FRUIT TASTERS. Always used to give me a thrill checking to see if the staff are looking my way. He he he. Will this repositioning stop my antics? Only time will tell - so these are my confessions!!!
I love Sunday shopping at Tesco. There are always these mighty reductions on perishable goods as well as goods nearing their expiry date especially when its almost closing time – 4pm. Call me an Ijebu if you like but I just love all the discounts. They are simply marvellous!! The fruits, the bakery, frozen foods, even general items. I’m a guru in locating all the various spots where the reduced items are stationed in my local store. All those items that I whiff my nose at their ridiculous prices on weekdays I get to cart home and buy in large quantities at a wonderful price on Sundays– if you get my drift.
I learnt a new word today from Tessa Jowell – INCANDESCENT!!!
I must use it very soon in my blog. She used the word in describing her fury when the horrible comments David Blunkett -former Home Office Minisiter made about his fellow colleagues in Tony Blair's Cabinet and about her (Tessa Jowell) in particular to his biographer got leaked and were published in the daily papers. And she rolled her eyes with indignation at the camera for added effect. Hmmmn INCANDESCENT - now who does that remind me of?
Saturday, October 14, 2006
I look forward each day to hearing from each and everyone of them. It pained my heart yesterday when I was doing my customary round of surfing and on Life through Rose Tinted Glasses page was this post: “He died” She had lost a very special friend and blogging pal.
Bhookey84 confirms their mutual pal’s death in her post “O Death” and hints he was the only one who had dropped comments in her blog. I check the previous post and there are his comments stamped in the sands of time.
Death is truly horrible. God’s promise to us was that the number of our days he will fulfil. The minimum number of our days being three score and ten. He was barely approaching his first ‘score and ten’. What is it with death taking us youths away in our prime?
Tola Okoya Thomas died just recently from Cancer aged 28. An old school girl of mine died about three months ago aged 27 – heart attack. Now LAWD*OF*D*DEEP has left us all in this lonesome world aged 27.
He joined our bloggosphere in September and in his last post said:
“for everyone that i left a comment on their posts,
if u dont like wat i wrote then im really sorry,
just in that frame of mind where everything seems like its not working”
Maybe he could feel the life ebbing out of him? Did he hear God calling him that his work on earth is done? Well, he did have some kind of premonition and that was his way of saying goodbye to us all before his last breath.
Accept him into your bossom dear Lord for eternity. AMEN.
REST IN PEACE LAWD*OF*D*DEEP REST IN PEACE.
Thursday, October 12, 2006
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
I was watching Channel 4’s “100 Funniest Moments" on TV on Sunday and Funniest Moment No 75 had me so much in stitches I just had to share it. It was a performance by a group of Pop Idol hopefuls during half-time at a football match in Holland.
A group of the most unbelievably untalented Dutch pop idol wannabees were brought on to give a truly special rendition of Tina Turner's Simply the Best. They were not only simply awful but seemed to be having a great time fulfilling their life ambitions of being a ‘popstar’. Its an old clip and some of you may have seen it already.
Simply the best - Pop Idol losers torture football fans
I’ve watched that video over and over again since Sunday and cant get over it. I am in stitches each time!! Each one of them is so woeful, I cant say which is the worst and the guy in a white shirt and mighty goggles waltzing around the pitch thinking he’s ‘da bomb’ - OMG!!! Someone played a cruel trick on all of them in booking them for that torturous performance and leading them out to the stadium bowl that day. Were they Tone Deaf? Oh the poor Stadium Crowd!!
Dutch Idols - Simply The best (should be worst)
X-factor (The UK version of the Pop Idol Franchise) is going on right now and lets hope they give us better performances than the dutch group did. I remember Brenda from last year’s X-factor. She is my inspiration!! She was so ‘healthy’ during the auditions and lost weight steadily throughout the show. I was embedded on my good old sofa pretending to be watching my weight and seeing Brenda drop hers effortlessly but cheering her on. (Oh Sharon Osbourne - wont you have a go at helping me too?) Now that she's pursuing a career in the theatre performing in ‘Chicago’ makes me so proud of her. My will power when it comes to resisting food is so appalling that Michelle Mcmanus and Janet Jackson have left me behind in the 98Kg Club!!! And I started watching the damned weight before them!!
I haven’t watched much of this year's X-factor auditions. The finalists start their live performances on Saturday. Hope I’ll be more faithful by then. Its difficult writing a thesis and keeping up with occurrences on TV daily. I have been working on my 'Literature Review' since June and I am ashamed to say I havent made much progress. Well thats because I havent done much reading either. Its so much easier to read novels and watch TV than my Governance Research Materials. This is a necessary evil that I must endure however or that much sought after M. A will elude me. If I delay in updating my blog, please forgive me. I’m trying to read up enough so I can answer one or two questions my supervisor spins my way when I meet him next Tuesday. Quaking in my boots right now!!!
RESTORATION!! THANKS TO AZUKA!!!!
Calabar Gal & Calabar Gal2 have both been restored!!
My thanks goes wholeheartedly to the Computer Science Degree Whiz Kid - Azuka Okuleye who offered to help and did restore the blog for me as well as removing the funny, blurring lines running accross this page. The Web Designer & Developer has just 'coded' and 'found a solution' to the various problems on my blogs caused by my attempts to change my settings. Who says there are no true & caring friends in BLOGVILLE? Thanks Man!! You are a true son of your father and may you come tops of ur class always with plenty, plenty A's. (Smile)
I know next to nought when it comes to dealing with the computer and I must have clicked on the 'delete blog' icon at one point in time or the other. I must confess that keeping a blog is hectic and most times, I have no idea what to blog about so keeping two blogs isnt in the offing right now. So Calabar Gal will remain dormant for the time being and Calabar Gal2 will continue to be my dominant and only blog until I can fathom out what to do with the first Calabar Gal page.
Friday, October 06, 2006
They were having one of their sales so me and my girlfriend decided to go and have a look to see if there was anything we could afford. We went straight to the bags section and fed our eyes!! Then my eyes caught this lovely bag that’s always in the papers on the arms of Coleen McLoughlin and other FOOTBALLERS WAGS & Celebrities. It was beautiful!! A Roxanne Mulberry Bag reduced to only £400 from its previous price of £850 with very, very soft brown leather. It was sooooooo CUTE!!
I thought it was a good bargain afterall, those who bought the bag when it was £850 would now be gnashing their teeth in envy. But at £400 could I afford it? And I had no job at that time. The bag tugged at my heartstrings and desire won over common sense. I picked it up and marched majestically to the counter to ask if they had the bag in stock in another colour. (Well, at least if they didn’t have it then I could console myself and say they didn’t have the colour I liked. ) The Salesgirl smiled and me and said that was the very last one in stock and at that price was a good buy!!
“I know!” I replied.
With a huge breath, I told her I’d take the bag but would like to apply for a Store Card and put the bag on the card. So I filled in the form and she went to make that vital call. As she was making the call, I was praying in my heart - £400 for a bag! A cool N100,000. Enough to buy me a small piece of land in Calabar, or raise that building to lintel level, or even buy an okada for businesss or maybe shares in a viable industry. I was torn between common sense and yanga. Oh how I would be the envy of all eyes during my impending Naija trip!!
Anyway, the salesgirl came back and smiled at me. My hour of reckoning had come!! **Folly or Wisdom.** “I’m sorry but your application has been refused.” She said. I was sad but relieved at the same time. See what Littlewoods had done to me? I had sent them a cheque 14 good days before their minimum payment was due. Was it my fault they hadn’t deemed it fit to cash the cheque before the due date leaving me blacklisted and my previously untarnished record now with blemish? Oh Well! A blessing in disguise!! My Mulberry Designer bag will come one day – maybe not just yet.
Tutsy my girl rock ur shoes with style!! If I had ur liver and a Store Card with enough ££ on it, I’d probably throw caution to the wind and indulge myself too. Christmas comes just once a year!!! LOL!!
My Girl Buki is running the Run London 10km race this weekend for NORTH LONDON!!!! She is running in the last start at 12.45pm on Sunday at Hyde Park. Best of Luck with the race gal!! We hope to be there at the starting line to cheer you and Miss Y on!! May u finish it in style and in good time also. (Not Jade Goody Style) We all in Blogger land are rooting for you.
Thursday, October 05, 2006
1. What time did you get up this morning? Hmmmn, depends on what time I went to bed.
2.Diamonds or pearls? Pearls definitely!! Always in vogue!!
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Superman Returns @ Silverbird Galleria!! I know!! Not been to a cinema in ages!!
4. What is your favorite TV show? Desperate Housewives!! Gabrielle is so wicked!!
5. What did you have for breakfast? Not a breakfast person.
6. What is your middle name? Ekaete!! That’s every Calabar girl’s name!! Try harder if u want to suss me out!!!
7. What is your favorite cuisine/meal? Anything Chinese!! Love to experiment….
8. What foods do you dislike? Ain’t selective at all!! No Ma’am!!
9. Your favorite Potato chip? I try to stay away from chips. Have u tried Desiree potatoes? Real nice and yummy – boiled, baked, roasted, mashed….
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Mary Mary
11. What kind of car do you drive? My other car is a BUS.
12. Favorite sandwich? I try to stay away from them….
13. What characteristics do you despise? Evil & vile behaviour!!
14. Favorite item of clothing? I love Trousers. Can count the number of skirts I’ve got!
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Obudu Cattle Ranch in CRS, Nigeria! It’s a wonderful place!!
16. What color is your bathroom? Peach
17. Favorite brand of clothing? George, Dorothy Perkins? Anything with a nice cut goes really!! Na where my money reach I dey shop!!!
18. Where would you want to retire? Havent even rocked life yet U’re asking about retirement!
19. Favorite time of day? Evening. Am one of those couch potatoes!!
20. Where were you born? CALABAR!!
21. Favorite sport(s) to watch? I only watch sports if BH has full & absolute control of the TV remote.
22. Who do you least expect to respond to this? Irritated Bloggers who’ll think – this girl no get work!
23. Person you expect to respond first? Gbeborun’s like me.
24. What laundry scent do you use? Who cares about scent? As long my washing is clean!! Perfume will do the rest!!
25. Coke or Pepsi? Neither. Ginger Beer.
26. Are you a morning person or night owl? Morning!!
27. What size shoe do you wear? 43!!! Feel free to send me some. Have difficulty getting my size in the shops!!
28. Do you have pets? No. Used to have dogs but they jumped into the cooking pot a long time ago!! Ever tried 404 before? Its scrumptious!!!!
29. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with everyone? Let me think….. yeah!! CALABAR CHRISTMAS CARNIVAL 2006!!
30. What did you want to be when you were little? A Lawyer.
31. Favorite Candy Bar? Avoid Sugar as much as possible.
32. What is your best childhood memory? Climbing trees in our back garden, playing in the park - those days were FUN!!
33. What are the different jobs you have had in your life? How long have u got to listen?
34. What color/type underwear are you? Any colour! Love G-Strings & Thongs – lacy ones!! Big Mama Pants a definite NO NO!!
35.Nicknames: Calabar Gal? LOL!!!
36. Piercings? Ears..
37. Eye color? Brown.
38. Ever been to Africa? Spent over 20 years there non stop!!
39. Ever been toilet papering or rolling? Whaddya mean?
40. Love someone so much it made you cry? Cry cos I love a man? What for?
41. Been in a car accident? Tried to drive my mum’s car when I was 10. Hit the gate……. LOL!!
42. Croutons or bacon bits? Loved croutons madly until I realised how much calories were in it…..
43.Favorite day of the week? Sunday
44. Favorite restaurant? Chinese Restaurant round the corner that does a delicious Buffet!!
45. Favorite flower? BH knows better than to buy me those!!
46. Favorite ice cream? Calories!! Calories!!
47. Favorite fast food restaurant? Avoid those if I can help it.
48. What color is your bedroom carpet? Terracotta.
49. How many times did you fail your driver's test? Never had one!!
50. Before this one, from whom did you get your last email? Verastic Vera!!
51. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Anywhere I can get nice things… High Street Preferably…
52. What do you do most often when you are bored? Sit and browse other blogs!! Am totally hooked!!
53. Bedtime? 2am – 3am. Blogger makes me have tarry nights 3-4days a week by force. Its more than addictive!!
54. Who are you most curious about their responses to this questionnaire? Hmmmn ……..
55. Last person you went to dinner with? Well, not a person - a couple of pals on holiday!!.
56. What are you listening to right now? TD Jakes.
57. What is your favorite color? Hmmn, that’s an easy one – lilac, pink, brown, blue, yellow, turquoise, orange, aqua, olive green …….. u still there?
58. Lake, Ocean or river? Am not romantic oh!! Give me ££ & $$ anyday!!
59. How many tattoos do you have? None yet…..
60. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Depends on which way u look at it. U get an egg from a chicken and u need an egg to get a chicken!!
Satisfied? LOL!! So..read, DELETE MY ENTRIES..lol...and pass it on too!!
Sunday, October 01, 2006
Its Independence Day!! Nigeria is 46 years old!!
Happy Independence Day Y’all!!!
I know Nigeria has had her ups and downs but we all cant help but wish for the best for her all the time. Corruption is rife – yeah we know!! Rome wasn’t built in a day and Rome was also once upon a time corrupt with its fair share of ups & down!! We’ll get there one day – A corruption free NIGERIA!!
Not all bad things are inherently manifest in Nigeria & good things are happening there too!! October is here and the countdown has begun!! Christmas is around the corner and the end of the year draws nigh!! Wow!! 2006 almost over just like that?
Calabar AKA Caanan City – The Land of milk & honey is where its happening this Xmas!! There’s gonna be a Calabar Christmas Carnival there organised by our hardworking CRS Governor Mr Donald Duke and his lovely wife Onari. They are a very beautiful and handsome couple who have served the state diligently these past 7years. (See their pictures below)
The Calabar Christmas Carnival is scheduled to hold from December 1 2006 - January 1 2007. This festive period will be loaded with events and colourful activities promoting the rich culture of Cross River State (CRS) and also boost tourism. The Christmas Carnival activities scheduled for this year includes:–
- Switching on of Christmas Lights at the Millenim Square.(Majority of the streets in Calabar will be beautifully decorated with nicely designed Christmas street lights & decorations. When lit at night, its amazing!!)
- Boat Race/ Parade, Boat Regatta, (A mix of the rich riverine cultures of CRS & Rivers State. (Mrs Duke is from Bonny, Rivers State)
- There will also be a street parade of competitive floats about 12km long, made up of a Trinidad & Tobago themed carnival floats including traditional dances and masquerades, Trinidad & Tobago Steel Band, Calypso Music and loads more!! Pure fun & thrill I can assure you! The cross section of the state will be massively represented in the carnival float. It will be fun galore and Mr Duke and his wife led the Carnival Procession last year and will do the same again this year!!
- City Walk & Campaign against HIV/AIDS. I have participated in several of these walks myself in past years.
- Christmas Village & Shopping Arcade showcasing our culture and various foods. Lots of Ekpang Nkwukwo, Edikang Ikong, Afang, Ukang Ukom, Afia Efere, Usung Abia as well as 404!! LOL!! Well not only food will be served there but there will be lots of artifacts and other cultural products for sale.
- Xmas Festival Raffle Draw
- An 'The Apprentice' themed Reality Show
- Carol Night
- Musical Show ushering in the new year and a fireworks display to bring on the new year. This will also serve as an avenue to discover new talents as well as showcase old ones. Governor Duke plays the Saxaphone and is sure to give a performance during the variety night!! Other musicians will be there also and those lined up for this year include: Wyclef Jean, Damien Marley, Sunny Neji, Sammy Okposo, Tuface Idibia, Blackky and a whole lot of others. Mighty Sparrow and Maxi Priest were around last Xmas and may put in a repeat appearance this year.
Of course, there’s the wonderful Obudu Cattle Ranch to relax in. Its a tourist's haven!! Mr Duke has been organising carnivals like these since 1999 and as this is going to be his last Xmas as CRS Governor, he is leaving with a bang so its bound to be even more fun than all the previous years. The civil servants in CRS are always given a well deserved rest/holiday in December - fully paid!!
The Calabar Christmas Carnival is a month long International festival and creates an enabling environment for tourism as well as allowing Nigerians at home and in the diaspora to wind down after a whole year of working hard. So make it a date in December with my darling Caanan City cos its going to be FUN, FUN, FUN!! I have participated in several carnivals myself and I can attest to the excitement as well as the cheerful atmosphere released upon the state by the carnival every christmas!! All the activities will be interesting and entertaining!! I personally look forward to every forthcoming activity each December week!!
I am inviting you all to come and participate in this Christmas festival in December 2006. This is the time to plan ahead towards participating in the festival. For those who intend to spend Christmas & the New Year in Nigeria - Please do make out time and visit Cross River State!! You are all very welcome!!