Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A - Z of my Music

I got tagged by NYEMONI so here’s the A – Z of My Music. I am more of a gospel music person but that’s not to say I don’t enjoy secular music also if it sounds good. This list isnt exhaustive and I'll be adding to it as the days go by and I remember more of my favourites. So here goes – and if you’re reading this too, YOU’VE BEEN TAGGED!!!

A - Amy Grant, Andrae Crouch, Alvin Slaughter, ABBA, Anita Baker, Aretha Franklin

B - Bebe Winas, Buchi, Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir, Boys II Men, Beyonce, Bob Marley, Brenda Fassie,

C - Cece Winas, Candi Staton, Celine Dione , Craig David, Christiana Essien-Igbokwe,

D - Donnie Mcclurkin, Don Moen, Daniel Bedingfield, Dione Warwick , Diana Ross, Destiny's Child, Dbanz,

E - Eve and the Garden, Everyday Sunday, Eminen , En Vogue, Evi Edna Ogholi,

F - Fred Hammond, Faith Hill, Fifty Cent, Fela,

G - Gospel Heritage Mass & Praise Choir, Girls Aloud, Gwen Stefani

H - Hezekiah Walker, Helen Baylor

I - Isreal and New Breed, Inyang Nta Henshaw

J - Jim Reeves, Jamelia, J-Lo , Janet Jackson,

K - Kirk Franklin, Kunle Ajayi, Kenny G

L - Lamar Campbell, Lionel Ritchie, Lemar

M - Mary Mary, Marvin Gaye, Mariah Carey, Mandators, Madonna

N - Norman Hutchings, Nu Life

O - Out of Eden, Osmond Collins, Onyeka Onywenu,

P - Praise Band, Pink, Pussycat Dolls

Q - Queen

R - Ron Kenoly, Ricky Martin, Rihanna,

S - Sounds of Blackness, Shirley Ceaser, Sandra Crouch , Stevie Wonder, Shina Peters, Sunny Neji, Sonny Okosun

T - T. D. Jakes, Twila Paris, Trin-i-tee 5:7, Tuface Idibia, Toni Braxton, Tevin Campbell,

U - U2, Ugk, Usher

V - Virtue, Vicki Yohe, Vickie Winas

W - Winas Phase 2, William Sisters (The), Whitney Houston

X - X-zhibit, (Couldnt think of any other group that starts with an X)

Y - Yolanda Adams, Yvonne Chaka Chaka, Yvonne Maha

Z - Zilch, Zoegirl

15 comments:

  1. Hmmmmmmmmn, I see you like gospel.. Maybe you'd like Six pence none the richer as well?
    And then Buchi Emecheta.. didn't know she sang...

    M/while, Calabargal2 doesn't show under your blog list on your profile anymore.. just wonderin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your taste in music...gonna give this a go...So let me tag myself in..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duh!!! u come here dey front for us ...LOL

    where Lil' John's name and Britney Spears dem name for here.I no even see Oliver De Coque name for here.Small time naw u go talk say u dey church choir now...

    Lol ..nice collections though

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Nyemoni: This my blog sef I dont understand the thing. From frying pan to fire. Na so I see am oh. It dosent show my blog's list/ title anymore. I'll ask azuka or Buki have a look for me.
    The Buchi I'm talking about is a guy. His album's title is 'These Days' Thot his surname was Echemeta.

    @Aba Boy: He he he. Will be checking ur blog for ur tag too.

    @naijabloke: Na who be Lil John? Oliver de Coque? I no be im fan self. The list isnt exhaustive. Some alphabets just had too many people so I chose a few - just a couple of names. I been dey church choir now? You no know? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. calabar gal which one be zoegirl? are you sure you didnt make up the name just so u can have 'z'. lol
    btw it is Buchi Emecheta, though I cant say that I actually know his music well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @beautifully human: U mean U dont know zoegirl? U're missing girl!! LOL. Google her if u doubt her existence.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I will try to check the Buchi guy out... lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am reading this but aint tagged o.But i love your taste in gospel music. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't read it o! I refuse 2 be tagged. But nice list sha. Love Kirk Franklin & Fred Hammond too.

    Once again, I repeat, I did not read the list o! I am not tagged

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I could do this one if somebody paid me lol. Well.. maybe if they paid me a LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have awesome taste in music!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I don't know that I could think of that many musicians....

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: All comments and opinions put down in the comment section of this blog are the opinions and comments of the authors/comment writers alone. For the avoidance of doubt, the comments in the comment section below do not represent the opinion of Calabar Gal.