Thursday, December 21, 2006

Sights and Sounds of Christmas!!!


Hello Everyone!!! I know its been long since I updated!! A big shout out to all of you who've been nudging me to update. I have been wanting to do a Sights and Sounds of Christmas post ever since I saw the beautiful christmas lights on Debenhams, House of Fraser and Marks & Spencer, Oxford Street shops but somehow I havent gotten round to taking my camera around those areas when its dark and the lights are on. I'll try and put them up anyway before the festivities are over if I get round to taking the pictures. Its so cold these days that a detour from my normal route from work has been very unlikely when everyone is rushing back home away from the frigging cold. My neighbours on the other hand are into the Christmas Festivities big time and their decorations are up and looked so lovely so I decided to share them with you instead!! They came back from their shopping and met me taking these pictures of their home and I bet they must have felt good that someone or one amebo was taking an interst in thier decorations!! I couldnt help telling them it was lovely though and that I though they had done a marvellous job!! They keep the flag burning for lazy people like me who cant be bothered to put up such lovely exterior decorations. My sitting room was decorated by moi last weekend though. Wouldnt want you thinking I'm such a Christmas Spoilsport. Who knows? Maybe hubby will agree and we'll join them next year in putting up decorations outside hmmn?

Havent got much planned for this christmas. Its going to be just me and hubby cuddling together after our Christmas Lunch. I'm waiting till the weekend of the 24th before I do any shopping for gifts. Most of our nieces and nephews have dropped hints so its going to be mostly gift vouchers we're giving out as christmas gifts. The forecasts are that the shops are having a dismal time with people like me not coming in to do any shopping and their sales arent looking good at all so there have been several subtle discounts as the days go by shops desperate to keep sales up. I hope they keep the discounts coming in cos I'm hitting the shops on Christmas Eve for my own shopping or whatever is left of it!!! Then I'll be able to make the most of my money with all the discounts that willl be in store then!!

My bills all have their due dates about the same time this December. My Credit Card payments are due on the 25th, phone bill, gas bills and other catalogue bills are due on the 26th, 27th and 28th respectively so Shopping just has to wait until my paycheck clears on the 22nd and I pay the numerous bills first!! *SIGH* I wish I were young again and didnt have to worry about anything but the Christmas Clothes and Presents I would be getting from my parents for Christmas and the food we'll be wolfing down on that day and other days of the festivities!! How time flies bye and the rules of the game have changed!! I'm now an adult and must help make Christmas memorable for the younger ones just like the numerous uncles and aunties did when I was younger too. I long for the bliss that existed then!!

For those of you still going back home for Christmas, dont forget the Calabar Christmas Festival!!! I couldnt make it to Calabar this year but I promise to give you guys an update as the festivities unfold!! The climax is going to be on Christmas and Boxing Day!! Will post pictures as soon as my people back home get them across to me. For those of you whose flights are yet to take off, good luck and best wishes on boarding ur numerous flights successfully out of the UK!! There has been a very severe, thick and dense fog over the UK these past few days. Its resulted in a lot of flights to all over the world from heathrow being cancelled due to poor visibility. Its caused a lot of chaos at Heathrow as well as other airports all over the country!! So please call or check the BAA website to find out if your flights have been cancelled or rescheduled or if the old flight schedule still stands before you head out to the airports in the run upto Christmas. The bookies have slashed the odds on there being a White Christmas this year!! That I am very much looking forward too!!!

In case I dont post any messages again before the 25th of December, Here's Wishing you all a very

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year in advance!!

17 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Calabargal! You're beginning to do an Nyemoni on us eh?? Don't disappear like me o! Enjoy your christmas Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Merry Xmas Calabar Gal!!!
    I'm doing my shopping this weekend and next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From the pictures everyone is posting, I hereby declare that Beckley sucks!

    The only decorated places I can see here are at the university -- and none in the dorms.

    I hope we'll be 'seeing' more of you? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh i seriously dislike xmas shopping!

    Have a blessed & Merry Xmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alas!!! Calabar gurl came thru ..

    Merry Xmas in advance to u too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Xmas in advance... I want a 6-pack for xmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. merry christmas to you too, and the lights were fab. Good on you gurl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry xmas Calabargirl.

    I hope you have a lovely one.
    You make me get agro. I must get married very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas o !!

    You shouldn't be talking about bills at this time of year, that makes us all so DEPRESSED.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, this is small sef. You should see what the people here do with their homes. There is sooo much decoration that you need sun glasses. They have huge santas on in front of the house and sleighs on the roof. I mean, how crazy can one get??

    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. merry xmas cal girl and happy birthday in advance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas to you and your hubby! Fancy spending christmas just snuggled together? That's so sweet. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: All comments and opinions put down in the comment section of this blog are the opinions and comments of the authors/comment writers alone. For the avoidance of doubt, the comments in the comment section below do not represent the opinion of Calabar Gal.