Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy New Year



Happy New Year to everyone!!

2007 is here at long last! Its that time of the year again. Yes - you guessed right! The time for making all those New Year Resolutions. Fitness DVD's, Weight Loss aids and props adverts - the whole works are being unleashed on us TV viewers. Its as if its only in January these things get sold and we are bombarded with every Tom, Dick & Harry's Exercise & Fitness DVD who tell us how they dropped 10 dress sizes simply by dancing to the Video. Yeah Right!! You forgot to mention that hidden band round ur oesophagus too. We the populace are such suckers and fall for all these celebrity gimmicks daily. How many have made new year resolutions? Its always the usual isnt it? Lose Weight, Join the Gym and attend regularly, Pray more, read my bible more et al. This year, I have purposely not made any New Year resolutions. I have always abandoned my previous new year resolutions after one month. This year, I'm just taking it as it comes. No need making resolutions that I know I wont stick to that will be chucked away by the end of January. Lets just see how this year goes eh? LOL!! I need some dumbells though. Its amazing how they arent in stock or available in the stores the rest of the year but somehow always manage to appear on the shelves in full force every January!! Well, I'd better get them before they perform their dissapearing act off the shelves again.

New Years Day was fun for me and hubby. Though we didnt go out to see the New Year's Parade, We drove out to Slough and visited some of our relatives. The drive out was fun and the roads were free of all traffic. The loving and attention we got (and gave also) was nice. Lots of food - Ofe Nsala (In calabar we called it Afia Efere or White Soup) and Pounded Yam, Jollof Rice, Chicken, Salad, pudding, wine, shandy and then sat and gisted, got to know each other better, took pictures and then watched some movies afterwards. *Sigh* Thank God for loving relatives. God Bless them real good. We certainly have to retaliate soon.

I was at Victoria Station today and saw this lovely 'mannequin' advertising holidays at BA.com. On a closer look, I discovered she wasnt a mannequin after all. She was a model simply earning a day's pay sitting on her deck chair on the beach - at the station of course!!

What luck!! I

wouldnt mind a job like that!! "Sit down on the beach and get paid to be ogled at." Only snag is I'm sure she would have been bored to death as her 'newspaper' had little or nothing to keep her busy. She's simply starring at the beach and wishing she was there too or maybe she's thinking of the easy pay she'd get at the end of the day? I'm not too sure which one.

A New Year treat - Check out the Anandu/Amamize wedding. It was WOW!! But be warned!! There are about 200 pictures in the album so set the slideshow to 'fast' mode when viewing them!! Congratulations to the newly wedded couple. May there be the sound of pitter patter of little feet in your household in 9months time. (smile) The bride is so pretty and her sisters are WOW!! As for the groom - oh la la!! But I shall not talk about another woman's husband. LOL!! He has been caught already. There are more babes in that household where the bride came from so NaijaBloke (and all ye single men out there) - this year a babe must 'catch' you so please head on there and check them out. LOL!!!

Yeah!!! Celebrity Big Brother is here!!! Jermaine Jackson got into the house with 10 other celebrities. Its going to be fun watching them all. He seemed a little bit reserved when meeting the other housemates. There are so many musicians or rather former musicians that have gone into the house this year. Almost everyone of the new housemates seems to have been in some band or had a hit single at one time or the other. So people if I dont post too regularly, you know what I'm doing - watching the housemates! LOL!! Dont mind me. Desperate Housewives too is back with a bang!! January is good to me!!!

I got a call today from my agency telling me about 2 job offers which may be available for me. Its so refreshing to get a call from this agency at long last!! I had actually thought they had removed me from their list and forgotten all about me. I've been looking for a better position with a new firm away from my current job. I'll call them tomorrow to get more details. 2007 may you bring loads more of of these sort of offers where they came from. Amen!!

41 comments:

  1. I'm salivating now, cos of that afia afere....

    I couldn't see the pictures oh!

    Goodluck on your new job hunt.

    Happy New Years once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like television to keep one busy... have fun...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny thing, we spent new Year's day in London. As in we drove FROM SLOUGH, to London. So it's like both of us switched places. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The funniest campaign I've seen for was some anti snoring medicine. They had a massive bed in the middle of the concourse at Paddington station, and two girls asleep in it. Can you imagine, getting paid to sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!!!!!! those pics are really nice. was that wedding in naija? it looked so well done and put together and the bride is beyond beautiful. they make such a lovely couple, may the good lord give us our own oh. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, Calabar Gal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy new year to u too Aunty Calabar girl.So u want me to check the family out but u left out the details of how to do that.So oya bia the details fast ..I will be checking the pix out when i get home o.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there Calabar! Thanks for stopping by our blog and leaving a comment. We hope you have a peaceful and blessed New Year!

    Smooches,
    Ms. GD

    P.S. Good luck with the job search!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @nilla: I put in a arong link. Corrected it now. Afia Efere isso yummy!

    @Elle: Ha ha ha. Well watching too much of TV isnt a good thing you know. How will the bills get paid if I watch it all day? Restricting myself to evenings only. (smile)

    @boso: Yeah Spooky! (smile) Getting paid to sleep!! I'll gladly volunteer for that one. I wouldnt mind 12 hour daily shifts. LOL!!

    @wendy: They are very nice indeed. Amen to God giving all the singles out there thier own too!! (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Azuka: Happy New year to you too!!

    @NaijaBloke: Check out the pics first!! All other things shall follow from there! LOL!!

    @Sex and the Sushi: Thanks for stopping by my page. Thanks for the good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. tsk tsk.. well, I am studying the media.. so it only fair that I consume as much of it as possible... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year. Good luck with job hunting.

    That model must have been bored to death. It looks like a easy job but am sure she couldnt wait to get off.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey babe. just stopping by to say happy new years i know i may be a lil late....hope u get the job want soon...mwah

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAppy NEw year to you too. The pics were very nice. Too many people got married this season - I had like 4 faily relations all guys and one chick. If they were mine talk about others.

    Stay blessed calabar gal.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Elle: Ok Media Student!! Carry On!! (smile)

    @Mari: Life is an irony isnt it? The easy jobs are the most boring ones!!

    @LOASCM:4 relatives getting married?!?!? Getting Married is a good thing isnt it? Except the part where we have to spend money on what outfit too wear I guess. (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  16. that job termed simulating-a-day-on-the-beach makes sense o!!! na dis one we dey call High ROE activity.... Return On Effort! getting paid with minimal input from ya side... ...are u hoping the agency are calling with sumthin' like that? best wishes in 2007 and beyond...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Come this girl, when r u gonna propose 2 me? You're here advertising other people's wedding when u have not even asked me 2 marry u. Take time o

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh .... more and more ppl are getting married each day! Kai ... my engagement and wedding is around the corner in Jesus Name - hehee :)

    -- www.romanticaffairs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. hmmm i bet the model is BORED. lol

    hope you get a job you love!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okay, I promised not to call for updates, but this is getting too long since you posted.

    UPDATE!

    Hopefully, other bloggers'll see this and take up the cry.

    UPDATE!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy New Year girl!Glad you had fun with the family

    ReplyDelete
  23. How did the conversation with the agency go. Is the post they are looking for you to feel right up your street. Hope all is well. Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good luck with the job hunt!

    I will check out the wedding pics ty!

    Keshi.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sounds like you guys had fun. Make sure you keep those resolutions/or whatever it is you've set to do this year.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy new year. Here's to a wonderful 2007

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy New Year CG.

    Yours is the first Blog i'm coming to and that's because i've missed your yabis. I'm glad you had fun over the holidays. I had a blast too. Meanwhile i don abuse you well well for my Blog hehehe.
    Good to be back cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lmao.. .that's the job to have... GOodluck on your job hunt.. Happy New year luv...

    ReplyDelete
  29. hope you have a happy new year! and good luck with the job search ohhh!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy new year Madam although its what ..the 9th. Oops. If I were that model, I would have quit sharpish. But I would have taken the sleeping job Boso talked about :). Calabar girl, this year is a year of BABIESSS

    ReplyDelete
  31. @butterfly girl, funmi & hook,line,sinker+fisherman: Happy New Year to you too!

    @vera: Ask you to marry me? Have u abandoned naijabloke and turned to an Elelelele? LOL!!! I still love you all the same!!

    @Jem: Amen to that!!

    @Belle: Boredom would be an underestimation seeing the 'page' she's reading. I hope so too - Thanks.

    @Azuka: I hate this update cry you know. There are worse culprits than me - check out beautifully human or Naija Bloke. LOL!!

    @LOASCM: I told them I was interested in all 3profiles they sent me and would be happy to settle for anyone of them. Havent heard from them since then. Hopefully they're still looking into it?

    @Keshi: Thanks girl and happy New YEar too!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. @Anthony, OWNB, Uzo & confusednaijagirl: Happy New Year to you too.

    @9jamommy: Happy NEw Year to you too. Didnt make any resolutions!! (smile) Didnt want to fool myself.

    @Babaalaye: Happy New Year!! You kept us in suspense all this while!! Wasnt there any internet connection in ur holiday villa abi na koma village you go for ya holiday? We missed you terribly!! (smile)

    @Tminx: Quit sharpish? The job was good o jare!! No need to stress ur muscles - just sit, coss ur legs and relax. Although I must admit that if I were offered the sleeping job too, I wouldnt let it pass me by - preferably 12hour shifts. LOL!!

    You don come again!! It is indeed a year of babies!! Amen to that!! LOL!!! Your photo of the day is astounding!! Lovely composition of colours. Shutterchance has opened my eyes to a lot in photgraphy and I am saving for a DSL camera.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy new year babes!
    Dont worry; b4 too long all the january hype will have died down and then they'll startfocusing on Easter - I hear Tesco have already started selling Easter Eggs!Consumerism gone mad or what?!
    I actually feel sorry for that lady; she must have been freezing her butt off!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. chei calabar gal! why you come dis me like that now? I know I dont upate that often but you didnt have to point that out to all and sundry!

    **pauses whilst trying to pull knife out of back**

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  35. Happy New Year gal. Glad that you had fun. Naija too sweet na im no make me hail u since o. As a matter of fact i tried out a few calaber dishes lately. I reserve my comments!

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Calabar girl, don't make me angry o! Update this blog before I vex

    ReplyDelete
  37. Calabar Gal.. i've been waiting too long for an update.. DONT MAKE ME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hey, Dilichi pointed me in your direction for some help. I am looking for accomodation in Calabar for a trip I am going to make in April. I have been to Calabar before but last time I camped (don't ask) so haven't got any contacts. If you're able to help me could you leave a post on my blog. Also, any cool places to visit would be great but accommodation is most important. My only hotel requirements are clean and safe. I'm not fussed about breakfast provision, TVs, bars and all that business. I'd prefer not to stay in a hotel that is modelled on a Western chain and was a little more localised in style. Katharine

    ReplyDelete
  39. OK, OK, OK People! No more calls for an update please!!! One update coming up later on today!! (smile)

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: All comments and opinions put down in the comment section of this blog are the opinions and comments of the authors/comment writers alone. For the avoidance of doubt, the comments in the comment section below do not represent the opinion of Calabar Gal.