Friday, June 15, 2007

Naked






This picture greeted my eyes when I opened the papers two days ago. A naked bike protest through london's city centre! Why, oh Why, didnt I hear about it? I sure would have gone to feed my eyes! LOL!! Apparently, the naked cyclists, some sporting strategically-placed body paint, had toured the streets of London and other cities around the world on Saturday to protest oil dependency and the car culture. It made me think - If I had known about the protest? Would I have had the liver to join the protest and been a part of it? What about you?



I often look at the pictures of art like the one below created by the now famous photographer (his name fails me) who assembles volunteers in various cites and gets them to 'sit', 'stand', 'bend' or 'lie' for his pictures. Would I have had the liver to join them? Just for the fun of it? Maybe someday - if I get to hear about it on time?!?!?!! Lol!




I cant believe the first round of Blogville contest is over and I missed out. I had enough advance notice about it but believe me, I have been pretty busy since this week begun, and didnt have the time to check up on the contestants until now. Unforgiveable I know. My friend listened in on my behalf and she was telling me how funny and lovely ONB sounded as well as the other contestants. Must watch out for the second round this time.


I'm still training. What else has been happening to me? Good Things though. I'm still alive and my husband still loves me. (Dry?!?!?!) LOL!!

22 comments:

  1. Hey Calabar girl, goodluck with the training. I wouldnt go naked to protest about oil lol. Well tune on on the second round. Should be fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....no I didn't see sheep.lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would have cycled naked around London? Food for thought... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spencer Tunick. What I find intersting about the dude is he gets all these people to strip off and he is always fully clothed! Nah I ain't doing no nude protests as I would be worried I might get 'excited' at an inopportune moment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm... this might be interesting to the NLC seeing that they are embarking on strike action tomorrow. Maybe Naija people can look into that form of protest. I no go join them sha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is these peeps are weres o!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stand with Nyemoni...true ndi aras.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw the protest o,and i was just thinking how these people are not even self-conscious at all.I can't imagine doing it sha

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is nothin Oyibo peeps wont get up to. This is not the first time am hearing of them doing stuff like dis. I no support that kin protest sha sha cos i dont know what they will achieve by going nude round town.
    Babe, havnt seen u on my blog for a while. Wats up? Enjoy ur weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't have done that at all...at all....I know that is the way God has made me to enter this world... but I am not that comfortable....

    Good luck on your training. I am happy your husband still loves you (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  11. funny thing is ONB didnt sing in the contest so are u sure your friend listened in for u? LOL

    the protest? leave london people to their weird and outrageous ways :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did see sheep and I know I need glasses but I'm worried about this hidden desire of yours to run round NAKED in the streets of London or in the countryside fields. How now?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey u nutty gal, were u really considering being part of that? I remember once, there was a nude thingy in North London, my friend and I were perving 2 go see some willies but there was serious traffic so we turned back. Dem Brits are just silly...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nna men!!!!!!!!!!!11 dat is a very very serious protest. I would av liked to stan on the side and cheer dem on. With d recent state of d fuel in 9ja... we gots to protest cos its gone toooooooooo bad.
    Hey!! wats d big idea? I saw sheeps

    ReplyDelete
  15. Naked protest. sounds interesting enough.

    Plus hadn't I been of the sentiment that having Life and a hubby was like so totally wet?????

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow i havent been here in a while1 GOOD LUCK WITH TRAINING! lol at the picture

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Everyone: I know I havent been doing much of blog rounds lately. Not enough hours in a day for me so please everyone bear with me. Will get round to it.

    Thanks for all your witty comments. They all made me laugh. You know the saying when in rome......

    Concerning the naked protests, I have decided to behave like the romans. LOL!!

    For those of you who didnt see anything other than sheep, those are human beings crowding together on their knees not sheep! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cycling naked could be quite dangerous, especially for a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Soooooo how on earth did the men taking part in the nude cyling protest do it?

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL been a while since i came here sha...i'm effed..

    I didnt' know about that naked bike thing and I'm in this London! I have to say i've been real busy this month...too busy to even read the paper yup! All I wanna do on the tube on my way home is have some me time that I hardly ever get - i.e. meditate/reminisce/fantasise (oops)/read a bible passage/listen to myipod -just something spacey u get? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  21. You know they had the naked bike thing in Toronto as well, sometime last week, or was it the week before. Thats gross, being on a bike butt naked and all, its not about the nudity as much as it is about the hygiene

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: All comments and opinions put down in the comment section of this blog are the opinions and comments of the authors/comment writers alone. For the avoidance of doubt, the comments in the comment section below do not represent the opinion of Calabar Gal.