Sunday, September 30, 2007

Great North Run...

Its been exactly two months today since I got that phone call to come for an interview that I had given up on. I had sent my CV to them some months previously on one of my cold calling ventures and had forgotten all about them when I didnt hear from them. I was so excited. Went for the interview some days later and was asked to start the next day. Its a legal charity and the offer wasnt that 'much' (I have to rephrase this part later but I cant think of the appropraite words that really convey how I feel or what I mean right now) but I couldnt complain. So thats how I started work at my new place two months ago. Dont know why I didnt share but I guess the stress......... or maybe it was too good to be true but I'm letting the cat out of the bag now. LOL!! Thats also a little bit of the reasons why my posting has been a little bit inconsistent. LOL!! The next step for me now will be getting a Certificate of Eligibility so I can take my QLTT exams as soon as possible.




I enjoyed watching the Great North Run today. I could see the fun and excitement of the atmosphere over there in Newcastle and hoping that I can master running my 10KM ASAP this year and really looking forward to the next step in running which is the Half MArathon but on no condition will I attempt to register for on when I am not ready. Running at Bluewater has taught me a great lesson. It was fun seeing all the celebrities and listening to the stories of other runners. It was great to have Paula back and she had a great run - only Kara did better than her unexpectedly but it was still a good race.


We all watched stunned at the 9th mile when Kara got tired of running with Paula and broke away. The commentators were stunned as that was Kara's first half marathon and were saying maybe her inexperience had made her break away too early and that she might not be able to keep up the pace and I believed them too in my heart. We were all expecting Paula to shine and didnt expect the sort of performance Kara gave but she maintained the gap she gave Paula up till the very end and finished in 66minutes. Her husband Adam did well too and finished in the mens' race in 63 minutes and Paula finished in 67 minutes. I think all the contestants did very well. Its a big step registering for such a race, even bigger turning up on the day and actually completing the race. Congratulations to every one of the almost 50,000 runners that completed the Great North Run.

10 comments:

  1. Can't wait for you to take your QLTT exams also. Good luck girl. It is very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job....No worries u will take that QLTT exam and pass with flying colours no stress...All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish you luck on the Certificate of eligibility!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck o
    annd how have u been?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new job - All the best

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ mustafa: Huh???
    @ CG: Babe, update na...

    ReplyDelete
  7. wetin mustafa dey find for here??? ROTFLMAO!!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: All comments and opinions put down in the comment section of this blog are the opinions and comments of the authors/comment writers alone. For the avoidance of doubt, the comments in the comment section below do not represent the opinion of Calabar Gal.