Saturday, September 22, 2007

Reality sets in.....

I'm attending a wedding today and really looking forward to it. Weddings mean new clothes and true to form, yours truly went off looking for the perfect outfit. The couple had indicated they would prefer monetary gifts as wedding presents so I didnt have to crack my brain for suitable wedding presents for them. I saw this lovely pink bustier dress and loved it so much I placed an order for it in my usual size - a Size 14. It arrived a day to the D-day (yesterday) and I fell in love with it even more. I hurriedly stepped out of my clothes and tried it on. Pulled the zip up and it went past my waist but got stuck when it got to my boobs. They wouldnt go any further! My boobs were too ***. LOL!! I was horrified. How could this have happened? Why didnt I think of this? I had committed the cardinal sin of online shopping. Not ordering for an item in two sizes as insurance so you could choose the one with the perfect fit and return the other one that didnt fit perfectly. Now I was stuck.

Thats how I had to go shopping for an outfit on a friday evening. I discovered there are loads and loads of us in this category. The fitting rooms at the shops I went to were filled with us last minute ladies shopping for an outfit for a wedding the next day. I used to pride myself on being a Size 14 but I seem to be expanding some more (despite the futile attempts at dropping some off) Size 14 bottoms were quite tight. Size 14 tops - dont even go there. The boobs wouldnt even let that happen. These are the same boobs that used to allow size 14 tops glide over them easily. Seems those days are gone - never to return? I hope not! LOL!! With great sorrow in my heart, I headed to the till with my Size 16 purchases. *Sob*, *Sob* , *Sob*.

I'm not a theatrical or dramatic person but I seem to be exhibiting some of it right now. LOL!! I pray these "Size 16 days" or cup will pass over me pretty soon. Got home with great sorrow and told my husband I'm now a size bigger. He's encouraging and says "Dont worry, its not that bad" . I'm seriously alarmed. Enough of my theatrics. I'll get over it and avoid those Aldi Maple syrup popcorns on the days I cheat. The cheating has just been so frequent recently and I am reaping the rewards cos the pounds have piled back on so fast. LOL!!

27 comments:

  1. Ahhh CG, this cup will definately pass! Have fun at the wedding

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tis the cheating that did you in.
    Hope you have fun at the wedding never-the-less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't think the clothes they make now a days are true to size. Plus, we can't deprive ourselves...you'll get there. It can seem like such a slow process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't stress it dearie, just get back to your diet and you will be fine. have fun @ the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have been so upset about the dress not fitting perfectly.
    Don't worry, you'll achieve your desired weight/size. Your zeal & determination will make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Babes, what are you on about?! You've always had MASSIVE knockers, so this has nothing to do with weight. Even if you lose weight, they'd always be wo!!! LOL.
    You complaining about your boobs is like me complaining about my backside.
    Check this babes: you don't wanna have l'il accidents like busting out of your bustiers in public (although people like Ubong da would love to be spectators- lol), so stick to low cut clothes to show off your ample cleavage instead. Just like i no longer wear hipsters, as i'm fed up of bumming/flashing out of them and always pulling them up to cover my undies...so it's jeans with a belt for me instead now.
    Also, i'm going to start a petition to close down that Aldi beside your house! They are the culprits! LOL.
    You're lucky that you put weight on in the right places. You can't even be described as fat; just voluptuous and a lot of guys find that sexy. Abi why do you think hubby is telling you not to worry eh? The dude dey fear say you wan shrink im... *cough* *splutter* (LOL). You bera let ya figure be or else i shall report you oo...

    ReplyDelete
  7. weight issues
    *sob* I am afraid to diet cos as I loose the inches on my waste, so also do I loose them on my most prized asset, my ass...
    I am going to get my Baskin Robbins Mango Sorbet joo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about the 'wardrobe malfunction'.
    Tell us more about the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Calabar gal...I am now really getting worried on your behalf... size 16 and summer is not over yet... winter you start hibernating and eating to drive the cold away...what size will you be by the end of the year? Now seriously...I have some comforting words...you should shop at "women size section" I hope they have that category in the UK shops...the size number will greatly come down to something like 10 or even 8.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ amaraeee: CG is not as big as you think and she's not actually a size 16; she's just really busty, so thanks for your advice, but no thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww hope u had fun at the wedding though..

    online shopping..dont think i will try it, lol, i just have to try it on to see it fits PERFECTLY!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL

    Can i say i love Calabar Gal's Pal...A true fairweather friend.

    I feel you on being top heavy. I would be a size or 2 smaller if my assets were a tad smaller....*Sigh*...

    Have fun at the wedding and keep at it...Little steps

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ CG: I don't understand why you haven't put up a special birthday post for Mrs S!!! I'm doing blog rounds to attack her pals who haven't done so. Yours is even worse- a whole big sis?! *fuming at y'all* You're a naughty naughty girl...
    @ Uzo: I love you too. Muah muah muah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Uzo and CG: Those that have want not, those that want not have. Life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oops: I meant that those that have, want not. Those that have not, want.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL, you are so funny. Trust me, I feel your pain, been there. Don't worry about it too much. Just do what you need to do to get back on track. Heck, I'm in a 16, but recently I noticed that the 18's are fitting better...heck no, I don't wanna go back. I'm giving myself 3 months to get back to a size 14. Don't sweat it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. lol@ abimars! Well, I second, this too (cup) shall pass... ouch! Don't worry, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again! Good luck!

    P.S
    Thanks for the birthday wishes! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. You know the first thing i noticed on ur blog was the tickerreading that said 1.5kg lost. I was dismayed! the fist time i visited this blog it was 5kg lost!

    CG, you were one person that inspired/motivated me to seriously work on my weight.I hate to think that you are not suceeding. You have to cut down on those cheat days dear(lol, the No.1 cheat is talking!)
    Size 16 is not terrible sha but size 14 sounds better, i feel you! Dont give up.

    lol@CGP, you be real terrorist o but i dont know why am falling in love with ur craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ol' girl don't worry. We all have to cheat sometimes, life would be horrible if we didn't indulge, right?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Don't worry dearie, you'll soon be back on track! I am going back on my diet from tmrw! lets convince Buki to do the 21day diet again so we can all start off together!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOL @ Ugo Daniels. Very wrong room indeed.Try the next room.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I feel ur pain...but its only natural u r still growing...lol(lets not put it down to weight issues.
    My case has totally put me off wearing dresses as i am a 14 on a good day and 16 on a bad day.
    i also think that the cuts for clothes vary from shop to shop...dont worry abt it just flaunt it..x x x

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Calabar gal's pal...plsssssssss am on my knees..open a blog...u r a very very funny chick..I like taking my tym to read ur comments...U crack me up a lot..I am ur number one Fan..LOL

    pretty plsssssssssssssss..open a blog..am serious..Wat i know for a fact is that i can never get bored when reading ur comments..LMAO

    @calabar gal..u must be very lucky to have her as a friend :)

    @Ugo..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOL @ Ugo Daniels.........

    ReplyDelete
  25. @ Nadine: Ah ah you dey do blog round to petition me to open blog? I don see your petition everywhere oo. LOL. Okay i have bowed to public pressure babe, but it's only for invited readers, so you'd have to log into blogger to read it. Never mind babes, amma throw you a holla about that!!!

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: All comments and opinions put down in the comment section of this blog are the opinions and comments of the authors/comment writers alone. For the avoidance of doubt, the comments in the comment section below do not represent the opinion of Calabar Gal.