Friday, February 27, 2015

Thy Will Be Done - Nollywood Movie Premiere in London

Yesterday was the movie premiere for Thy Will Be Done - A Nollywood Factory Film in conjunction with Roks Studio.  The premiere was a first in Nollywood.  The first Nollywood moovie to premiere at the BFI IMAX Cinema at Waterloo.
Mercy Okojie & Obi Emenloye
Mary Remmy Njoku
Ramsey Nouah
Jason Njoku

 I was really looking forward to this movie - it featured all my favourite people - Ramsey Nouah, Mercy Johnson Okojie, Mary Remmy Njoku, Jide Kosoko and loads more.  Missing this premiere was not an option.  Thankfully I got there on time and met other pressmen (paparazzi to you) still setting up their equipment.  I joined them.  (Even if all I did was bring my camera out of my handbag, I still had to make sure the battery was ok and the SD card intact.  That was my own prep.  I shall not be left behind.



Out of the corner of my eye I spotted this very beautiful lady - dressed in a purple flowing gown.  No one seemed to be paying any attention to her.  I asked to take her picture and we headed to the backdrop.  Other paparazi did not even let us land.  See everyone jostling to take her picture. Prap, prap, prap - they snapped away happily.  When she was done, she stepped away and I decided to take a picture with backdrop as well.  O Boy!! The paparazzi all shunned me!! Chei!! I said to myself!! Serves you right!! U dressed up in the dark when better people pushed open the curtains and wore better cloth for premiere. U were thinking 'dress sensibly'  See what your dress sensibly has caused! Not even one paparazzi attempted to take my pishure.  They all formed busy busy when I was posing.  I took my own picture for posterity sake - at least I have proof that I attended the premiere.  To all ye paparazzi at the event - ok oh!! I get it - I'll make more of an effort next time just so I'll be worthy of some attention.  

I digress - we were talking about the premiere werent we?  Actors, Actresses, Producers, Directors, Promoters, fans like me all turned up in huge numbers.  It was a massive show of support by all who came to support Obi Emenloye, Roks Studio, the cast and the crew.  The movie itself was beautiful.  The cinematography was wonderful.  The arial shots, the acting, etcetera, etcetera. We were in stitches and the punchlines hit the right spots.  I wont tell all now - I'll put up a review shortly.  

Oh - did I mention the Esama of Benin, Lady Cherry, Governor Okorocha all attended the event?  There was a lot of mingling and I was seriously star struck.  Here are some pictures from the event.

Jennifer
Pauline Long

Mrs Adebanjo & Ramsey

Franny
Anthony Manjaro
Gia




Governor Rochas Okorocha

Yetunde Oduwole

Esama of Benin & Lady Cherry





Joanna Fula - Gospel Singer
Egor Efiok
Fan, Anthony & Joana

More pictures coming up soon......

2 comments:

Disclaimer: All comments and opinions put down in the comment section of this blog are the opinions and comments of the authors/comment writers alone. For the avoidance of doubt, the comments in the comment section below do not represent the opinion of Calabar Gal.