Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Challenge 100: Nigerian Family - The Amazu's At The North Pole


I was pleasantly surprised to read all about the Amazu's (Sir Og, Lady Joy, their daughters) and the Challenge they had set for themselves.  They arrived at the North Pole two days ago on April 13 2015 and completed a back-to-back sky dive and scuba dive.  I could not help but be amazed at their their feat. Not only did they get out of their comfort zone, their kids also shared this great feat with them.  They have planted the Nigerian flag firmly on the North Pole raising awareness for projects they are undertaking through their Challenge 100 project. 



The family travelled to North Pole to raise awareness for Challenge 100 projects they are supporting
What is Challenge 100?  Sir Og and Lady Joy are undertaking 100 projects that will change lives forever through their Amazu Family Foundation and Challenge 100.  

Those Chibok girls have been missing for a year now...

Proof - the picture says it all!
I have been hearing stories about this North Pole.  I remember the story books I used to read in my younger days and I know surviving there is "not moi moi" no mean feat.  I remember the Eskimo's we used to see illustrated in the story books wrapped up to the hilt but this couple had made it there.  Not just the two of them, but with their kids!  I just had to do a little bit of research and find out what the temperature is like at the North Pole.  

My research showed that during the summer months of June, July and August, the temperature is on average about 0 degrees centigrade which is still extremely cold for those from the temperate regions.  During the winter months, the temperature could range from -23 degrees to -43 degrees centigrade. A killer for those from the temperate regions.    The ideal temperature for your freezer at home is -18 degrees centigrade so go figure the cold the Amazu's had to deal with.
With much love from The North Pole.......
Ha!  I find it difficult to open the door when it is 0 degrees to -5 degrees outside, cursing a thousand times and asking my self a million times 'who sent me' and this family achieved this wonderful feat with smiles on their faces while raising money selflessly.  Enough about me.  Let me elaborate some more on the Amazu's.

Sir Og Amazu and his wife Joy Amazu aim to fund 100 projects in Nigeria, Britain, Africa through their Charity - The Amazu Family Foundation.  Their trip to the North Pole is to create awareness for these projects and also raise the required funds needed to bring them to fruition.  So far, they have committed to 8 projects which include:

  1.   Hello Hubs which builds solar powered internet kioks for communities in Africa;
  2.   Supporting Sir Ralph Fiennes and Marie Curie Cancer;
  3.   Supporting Gift Augustine in her campaign against Breast Ironing;
  4.   Project Pencil - which collects surplus school supplies from schools and gets them to children in Africa;
  5. Providing a Water Treatment and Bottling Plant for a hospice for the mentally challenged in Nigeria;
  6. Scholarships for underprivileged children;
  7. Supporting Shackleton 100; and
  8. Supporting Nnewi Hospice for the Mentally Challenged.
So please, don't just be in awe of the Amazu's,  like me, dig deep into your pockets and support them by either donating to Challenge 100 or each individual project.


18 comments:

  1. I am amazed. I can only imagine the cold and for the children to be part of this. A good thing for charity.

    Hi all,


    Please check out my blog, Wordsbykoko.blogspot.com


    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, the cold would have been something else....

      Delete
  2. That's amazing,I actually was the 1st to see their pictures but I was too lazy to research more about them.thanks for sharing, it is Indeed for a good cause.

    Bolateethole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay wow!...Hiya mami...First time here...**waving** So I am really in love with what this family is doing...I mean, this is giving back on a different level. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed their giving back is on an entirely new level.......

      Delete
  4. Wow! Babe, this is an amazing story.
    There aren't so many people with hearts like theirs and about the Chibok girls...it is well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Dis is nice, but its damn too cold 4 me

    Pamscrib.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehhehehe - you never know the extent of your capabilities until you try..........

      Delete
    2. Hehehhehehe - you never know the extent of your capabilities until you try..........

      Delete
  6. Attractive portion of content. I simply stumbled upon your
    weblog and in accession capital to claim that I get in fact enjoyed account
    your blog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing
    to your feeds or even I success you get entry to persistently quickly.



    Have a look at my site: kw1

    ReplyDelete
  7. some analyst predicted that Nigeria will dis-integrate by 2015, but we are getting stronger and going places.

    Am proud of the Amazus and all Nigerians holding up for our future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can be a part of it too by contributing your quota................

      Delete
  8. Oosssshheeeey Turn uP!! You see ehn Calabber Geh.. if teh Amzu's can do it ehnn.. Then i can too!! Ahan!! Shuop! What happen nag.. In short ayaf vex... North Pole.. here i come.. heheheh I think it is a beauRRiful thing what they did gang.. I mean if i am correct yeah, they are the very first Nigerians to do this, and that sorta puts us on the spotlight for a bit.. Apart from that ehn.. **Cleans ears with cotton board.. Mbok did you say they Sky dived.. Does that mean they fell from plane with parachute?!n **in www.sykik.blogspot.com 's voice.. oh my days.. This family e yaf vex finish oh! Sky dive ke?! **Scratches head.. Ordinary the scene with cars falling from the plane in Fast and Furious 7 almost gave me heart attack, talkless of me, by myself, with my 2 korokoro eyes falling from plane! Shuo! **in Bovoi's voice... Which Level nah?! Choi! I cannot fit to do biko...:(

    You know ehn Calabar geh.. There is something priceless about giving a part of you to better the world.. I cannot put my finger on it .. but i am sure it feels great.. May GOD bless them richly and save them from harm.. as well as the donators tooo...

    P.S: Choi!! **in www.toinlicious.blogspot.com 's voice... Clear Road!! **Cleans Eyes with Omo Water.. **Drinks Candle water.. Chisos iye! A NeFer hexsperred it! See my Blog name on the list of the amazing Calabar Gehs favorite blogs.. **Faints.. Faints inside the faint like Inception and faints again inside the faintsss like Inception Part 2.. heheheheheh Awwwgghhh that means a lot to me,.. Right now ehn Bubba, ye are making me smile like an antelope.. and blush like a fish.. Thank you so much for believing in the Young and Confused dream..... Young Mariam and Confused me are so grateful for the lof nwantintin.. You Rock Bubba, aswear.. Osshheeey Turn uP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes, they did. It was called the 'Above and Below' challenge. They parachuted 12,500km onto the North Pole and then Sir Og scuba dived upside down 10m under the ice. I shiver as I think of the extreme cold..... If you thought your bath water in boarding house was cold, then have a rethink (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  10. With their kids? In that cold? Now that's something to be proud about. Kudos to them for their good work.
    *I do appreciate your visit on my blog. Have a lovely weekend. :)*

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm is anyone else having problems with the images on this blog
    loading? I'm trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if
    it's the blog. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.


    Here is my page :: ig

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: All comments and opinions put down in the comment section of this blog are the opinions and comments of the authors/comment writers alone. For the avoidance of doubt, the comments in the comment section below do not represent the opinion of Calabar Gal.