Senator Ben Ayade, The Governor-Elect of Cross River State pictured above with his Certificate of Return presented to him by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC). The Deputy Governor Elect - Prof. Ivara Esu also collected his Certificate of Return on the day. Certificates of Return were also presented to six other elected officials.
Nine other elected representatives also collected their Certificates of Return INEC on the day. They were:
- Chief Gershom Bassey - Senator Elect for Southern Senatorial District;
- Hon Esien Ayi - Calabar South/Akpabuyo/Bakassi Constituency;
- Hon. Etta Mbora - Calabar Municipality/Odukpani Constituency;
- Hon. Daniel Asuquo - Akamkpa/Biase Constituency;
- Hon. Bassey Ewa - Yakurr/Abi Constituency;
- Mr Mike Etaba representing Obubra/Etung Constituency;
- Mr Chris Agibe - Ikom/Boki Constituency;
- Mr Jarigbe A. Jarigbe - Ogoja/Yala Constituency; and
- Barr. Legor Idagbo - Obudu/Obanliku/Bekwarra Constituency.
The Senators-Elect for the Central Senatorial District - Hon. John Enoh and the Senator-Elect for the Northern Senatorial District - Hon. (Mrs) Rose Oko were absent from the event. The INEC Commissioner in her statement said Certificates would not be presented in absentia and they would be presented at a future date.