Friday, April 24, 2015

Metro calls out "Deported Illegal Prostitute"

I stumbled upon this article in yesterday's metro and could not help but shake my head.  I suspect this article is about the Nigerian lady who has been in the news a lot lately.

Granted, she was an illegal immigrant and granted, she was deported.  Was there any corroborated or substantiated testimony in court that she was a prostitute?  Why the name calling now her son has won his appeal?  

Reminds me of the times when you have an argument on the street with a random stranger (more often than not, men are the usual culprit) and the best way he knows how to get back at you is call you a 'prostitute' or a 'hoe'.

4 comments:

  1. Ooosssshhheeey Turn uP! Hiya Calabar Geh, what gwan Bubba?! **Sits down well on Jangolova chair... Okay so I dunno much about this story yeah.. But what i do know for sure from the botoomless bottom of my tintinli heart is that name calling is wrong.. I mean we are all humans.. If someone does wrong or does something you dont quite accept, why call he or she names.. in my 23 years 4 months and 12 days young and utterly confused head yeah, thats just plain stupid.. I do hope she gets what she deserves as per her rights though.. It is well with our soul... Abi wetin i go0 talk again ni?! **Shines teeth.. How are you Bubba?! Thanks for the love and support on the confused blog, you are truly an Angelic kinda blessing.. **Wears Mr. Nigeria smile... and the crowd goes.. Awwwwgghhh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So prostitute is now a title abi... they have no right to call her that..... Erm, Duru you be turning every blues blog to Reggae corner with your comments...Mr turn up

      Delete
  2. 'stupid', 'confused blog', Mr Perfect

    ReplyDelete


  3. Duru!!!




    Conor first physically attacked me five days before our wedding. It was 7 a.m. I still had on my nightgown. I was working on my computer trying to finish a freelance writing assignment, and I got frustrated, and Conor used my anger as an excuse to put both of his hands around my neck and to squeeze so tightly that I could not breathe or scream, and he used the chokehold to hit my head repeatedly against the wall. Five days later, the ten bruises on my neck had just faded, and I put on my mother's wedding dress, and I married him - leslie Morgan Steiner. Click SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY to read more

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer: All comments and opinions put down in the comment section of this blog are the opinions and comments of the authors/comment writers alone. For the avoidance of doubt, the comments in the comment section below do not represent the opinion of Calabar Gal.